03 February 2009

Highlights: European Train Journey



Seven countries in eleven days was a mission, but also a lot of fun! Owen and I started our trip in Slovakia then travelled to Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, Germany and finished in Denmark before flying back to London.

Highlights
  • The flexibility of travelling by train
  • Meeting a lot of nice people, especially other travellers
  • Drinking hot chocolate to try and stay warm!
  • Not knowing where to look becuase there were so many interesting things to see
  • Managing to see a lot of places in only a few days
  • Listening to a brass band performing from the open windows of a palace
  • Being overwhelmed by the history of all the places we visited
Lowlights
  • The cold. I really was not prepared for it!
  • An unnecessarily expensive tram ride in Prague
  • Arriving late into strange cities and trying to find accommodation

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:21 pm

    This sounds like something I may have to try whilst I'm still young enough not to mind hostels and interrupted sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I have to admit I was over dorm rooms by the end of the trip! But I will definitely go on another rail journey if I get the chance!

    ReplyDelete