24 November 2011

My Life List

I first realised the power of list-making when I was twenty two. I was cleaning out some papers and found a list I'd made a year or so earlier with a few short term, mid term and long term goals scribbled down. I can't remember everything on the list, just two of my long term goals, two things I thought wouldn't happen for years:
  • Live by the sea
  • Have my own company

Of course, the reason I remember them is that they had already come true, just a few months after I'd written them down. Owen and I were living in our first home together which was literally across the road from the beach, and after a couple of months being a self-employed event organiser I'd incorporated my own company. Since then I've become a little obsessed with lists...


When I first started this blog I wrote a 101 in 1001 list and for the first year or so I was quite diligent about crossing goals off. My interest waned in the second half of the project, but by the time the 1001 days were up I still managed to cross off 64 goals. When I took another look at the list a few days ago I realised that without even thinking about it another 8 goals were also complete. It would seem that lists work even when you don't pay attention to them!


Now I get excited whenever I sit down to write a list of things I want to have/be/do because just the act of putting them down makes me feel that it's only a matter of time before they come true. I've recently been revising my Life List and getting excited about the possibilities, I'm always thinking about new things to add!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really have accomplished a lot. Time for me to write a list, methinks!

    ReplyDelete