19 March 2012

Mt Fyffe

I've been hobbling around all day today after climbing a mountain on the weekend! On Saturday I walked to the top of Mt Fyffe, along with my mama and my pup. The weather was perfect and I was happy to cross another goal off my list.


It took us most of the day and we agreed that going up was fine, but coming back down the steep road was torture! I now think that stairs are a terrible invention (Owen said I remind him of a crab since I've been walking down them sideways at the moment!) although I hope everything'll be back to normal by the end of the week when my legs have recovered.

7 comments:

  1. You go girl! You must have an awesome mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous - this looks amazing! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! doesn't it feel great?!? When we were in Nicaragua, we climbed one of the volcanoes on Ometepe Island, and my legs were sore for a week, but it felt so good to have accomplished my goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels even better know my legs are pretty much back to normal! And I do love the feeling of crossing a goal off my list :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats! That's quite a hike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kaikoura is awesome! We have family there who we visit pretty frequently, but I have never climbed this mountain. I'm not very fit so I think it might kill me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like such a fun day! I love your photos from the top. (You're a trooper to make it all the way up there!)

    ReplyDelete