19 July 2012

So We're Having a Baby!


A couple of days before we left for our trip I had a sneaking suspicion that I might be pregnant. I decided to wait until we arrived in Brussels before taking a test though, since it was Owen's birthday and if I was right I thought it would be a pretty good present!

It was easy enough to find a chemist and buy a pregnancy test, but when we got back to our hotel room I came across a little problem: the instructions for the test were in German, Dutch and French (no English)! I just assumed that the directions for use would be the same as usual but because it was a digital test interpreting the results was a little more tricky.

Instead of only two results (negative or positive) there were four. Looking at the diagrams  the negative symbol was pretty obvious, but the positive symbol was accompanied by either 1, 2 or 3. I wasn't sure what the number meant, I decided it was either something to do with the number of days or possibly the number of babies...

Even though I was half expecting a positive test, it still took my breath away when the results first appeared. Owen was pretty excited when I told him, and we spent the rest of the day celebrating and trying to believe that this was really happening.

We can't wait til January!

8 comments:

  1. Cute! On a digital, it means the number of weeks... not that I've been lurking on American TTC forums or anything - aherm. I am so excited for you! BTW, I'm changing homes on the web - I'm on sweetmamam.wordpress.com - come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I was really hoping it wasn't number of babies because the result was 3...

      Delete
  2. Eeee! Congratulations! That is so exciting. I'm really happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe, what a fun story to tell your babe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Such exciting news and I'm so happy for the two of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Bridey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute story! LOL at the number possibly correlating to the number of babies! Imagine the heart attack people would have if they saw a 3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your kind words everyone!

    ReplyDelete